Who we are?
Piccadilly Motors Limited is registered in England under company registration number 02773411. Our registered office is Halfpenny Lane, Knaresborough, North Yorkshire HG5 0SL.
What information do we collect?
We collect information about you and your vehicle when you visit our website or Dealerships. We only collect information which is necessary, relevant and adequate for the service you have requested or accessed. Below we have detailed the personal data we collect.
In particular we may collect and process the following personal information about you:
- Personal contact details, such as name, address, telephone number and email address in order to respond to your enquiry and to process and complete your purchase.
- Information provided by you by filling in forms, including those on our website.
- A copy of your driving licence for the purpose of test drive or if provided a courtesy car or finance purchase.
- Details about your purchase history, including vehicles, servicing and repairs and parts purchases.
- Date of birth
- Information relating to your marketing preferences.
- Data collected as part of a finance application or payment (this may include bank details, employment information, driving licence, proof of identity).
- Information relevant to the insurance products that we sell provided by a third party.
- Details of your visits to our website and the resources you access, including the pages that you view.
We may also receive information about you from other sources such as:
- Through our business partners such as payment providers and websites.
- Insurance administrators or providers.
- Finance companies or credit brokers.
How do we use the information collected?
Piccadilly Motors Limited will only process information that is necessary for the purpose collected. You always have the option not to receive marketing communications and can withdraw your consent (if provided) at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are various ways in which we may process your personal information, these are detailed below:
We may use and process your personal information where it is necessary for us to carry out activities for which it is in our legitimate interest as a business to do so. These include:
- Response to correspondence you send and fulfil the requests you make to us e.g. test drives, brochure requests, service requests.
- Provide you with service and MOT reminders regarding your vehicle.
- Inform you your finance agreement will be coming to an end and the options available to you.
- Contacting you if there is an urgent safety or product recall we need to advise you about.
For all data collected prior to 25th May 2018 we will rely on legitimate interests to conduct our marketing and promotional activities. You have the right to opt out of receiving marketing communications from us. We will always respect your right not to receive marketing and promotional information.
For data collected after 25th May 2018, where you have provided your consent we may use and process your information to contact you from time to time regarding promotions, sales events, products, services or information that may be of interest to you. Share your information with third parties where you have provided consent in order for them to contact you with marketing information relating to products and services. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
We may use and process your personal information where necessary to perform a contract with you and to fulfil and complete your orders, purchases and other transactions entered into with us.
We may process your information to comply with our legal requirements (for example registration your vehicle with the DVLA).
Who do we share the information with?
We may share your personal information with third parties as described below. We work closely with our Manufacturers and third parties who fulfil business activities for us (e.g. Manufacturer, warranty company, insurance company etc.)
We may pass your personal information on to the following third parties for the following purposes:
- Organisations that provide services to us (including carrying out marketing activities).
- Finance companies to provide finance for your purchase, which may carry out credit checks and pass your information onto credit reference agencies.
- To the relevant manufacturer partner relating to your vehicle. If you agree, they may contact you directly regarding your vehicle to obtain feedback and/or to provide offers.
- Provider of insurance products we offer for the option to purchase.
- Any party linked with your products and services.
- Companies we have an agreement with.
- External organisations including the police and other law enforcement agencies for the purpose of preventing or detecting fraud and criminal activity. We may also disclose personal information in connection with the prevention and detection of crime.
- The provider of warranty to ensure the cover is included on your vehicle.
- In the event we sell or purchase any business or assets (including car dealerships) we may disclose personal information held about our customers to the prospective seller or purchaser of such business or assets. If assets are acquired by a third party (or subject to a reorganisation within the Piccadilly Group), personal information held about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- Card Payment Services. If you pay by credit or debit card with us we will share transaction details with companies which help us provide this service. We do not charge any processing fees or charges for personal debit or credit card transactions.
- Third parties if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation (including court order) or in order to enforce or apply terms of any agreements we have with or concerning you, or to protect our rights, property or safety of those of our customers, employees or third parties.
- In limited and necessary circumstances your information may be transferred and stored outside the EU to an international organisation, for example; for the purpose of management and process of warranty claims, vehicles diagnosis, management of vehicle maintenance and repair information and product improvement and monitoring. Adequate safeguards are provided by the Manufacturer by standard data protection clauses.
We take steps to ensure third party partners comply with data protection legislation and protect your information just as we do. We only disclose personal information that is necessary to provide the service they are undertaking, which we believe will benefit you.
We may share non-personal aggregate statistics data about visitors to our websites, sales and traffic patterns with other parties.
How long will we hold you data?
We will not hold your data longer than necessary. If you are a customer or otherwise have a relationship with us we will hold your data for 7 years from the date our relationship ends. The relationship may end for a number of reasons including, we have been made aware you no longer own the vehicle. The only exceptions to this period is where the law requires us to hold personal information for a longer period or you exercise your right to have the information erased (where it applies) and we do not need to hold in connection with any of the reasons permitted or required under law.
How can you manage the information we hold about you?
You have the right as an individual to access your personal information we hold about you and make corrections if necessary. You also have the right to withdraw any consent previously given and/or erase information we hold about you. You can also object to us using your personal information (where we rely on our business interests to process and use your personal information).
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal information under the data protection law. We may ask you to confirm your identity to help us search your personal information. Except in rare cases, we will respond to your request within 30 days.
You have the right to:
- Ask for a copy of the information we hold about you.
- Correct and update your information.
- Withdraw your consent (where we rely on it).
- Object to use of your information where we rely on legitimate interests to use your personal information.
- Erase your information or restrict the use of it, provided we do not have any continuing lawful reason to continue to use and process the information.
- Transfer the information in a structured data file.
You can choose to stop marketing emails and SMS messages from us by following the unsubscribe link and instructions on the respective marketing emails or SMS messages we send. You can also choose to change your marketing preferences by contacting us using the details below.